June 27, 2018
Welcome to St. Michael’s Episcopal Preschool for the 2018-2019 year! Our first day of
school is set for Thursday, August 9, 2018. We are excited about the thought of our fall term
and are looking forward to greeting a lot of old friends and meeting new ones.
All preschool students and their parents will participate in a “Meet the Teacher” day on
Tuesday, August 7 th or Wednesday, August 8 th . This will help your child become familiar
with their new teacher, teacher assistant, and classroom. Please make every effort to
attend this meeting. You child’s teacher will contact you no later than Wednesday, August
1 st to notify you of the classroom visit and time. Please call us at 626-5724 if you have not
received a telephone call from your child’s teacher by Friday afternoon, August 3 rd .
You will receive a copy of our 2018-2019 Parent Handbook, the yearlong calendar of dates
and events for St. Michael’s Preschool, supply lists and other miscellaneous forms in the
next few days via email. Please review the handbook and if you have not already done so,
we will have you sign an acknowledgement that you have read the handbook.
The first payment for the 2018-2019 school year will be due July 5 th . Remember, St.
Michael’s no longer accepts checks unless you are set up on annual or semi-annual tuition.
If you have not set up Tuition Express, please call the school so we can set up your
account. You will receive your bill via email on the first day of the month. The remaining
payments are due on the 5 th of each month, August through April. Tuition is always due a
month in advance and there is no discount for missed weeks. We charge an annual tuition
and divide it into ten equal payments for your convenience. Extended care billing for the
preceding month is sent out on the 1 st of each month and will be added to the monthly
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have concerning
your child. Again, welcome to the best preschool on the Northshore!
Stacey G. Tavan
Head of School
You will receive a St. Michael’s Preschool tote for your child at Open House.
Please bring the following items in your child’s bag everyday:
- A complete change of clothes, socks, and shoes in a gallon sized Ziplock bag.
- A bath towel or a small blanket for nap (NO sheets or pillows please). If your child has a small stuffed animal or doll, they may leave it in their bag for naptime.
- Each child will have a hook to hang their bag on daily. Crafts and papers will go home daily in their folder. Please take your child’s folder home daily. Bags will go home every Friday, so that towels and blankets can be washed.
- All items brought to school should be labeled with your child’s name.
A few school/room guidelines:
- Please do not send personal toys from home.
- Sandals and boots are not allowed. Please keep in mind that your child will be running and playing
outside. They need safe shoes and socks for their protection. Velcro shoes are the best option.
- Dress your child in washable, comfortable play clothes. They will get dirty!
- Please dress your child in easily removable clothes to minimize diaper changing time. This will allow for more time to have fun. If your child is potty trained, please be sure they are in an outfit (shorts or dress) that can be easily and quickly removed by the child. OVERALLS, BELTS, BUTTONS, ONESIES AND SNAPS WILL HINDER THEIR PROGRESS.
- Children 3 years of age and older must be potty trained.
- No outside food is allowed in the school except for special events.
- Children cannot be dropped off at school after 9:30 without a doctor’s note.
- Picking up your child during nap is strongly discouraged and must be discussed with the Head ofSchool. Pickup begins at 2:45 for the main building and at 3:00 for the Pre-K building. Early pickups should be an exception and should be arranged with the office.
We are looking forward to a great year!
2018-19 Supply List
Everyone will need a folding nap mat from Walmart. No rolling mats or fabric mats. The
children will use a towel to cover their mat and a blanket on top. No fitted sheets, slipcovers, or pillows.