In these quickly-changing times, we are asking families to please do the following:
- Thoroughly read all emails that you receive from St. Michael’s faculty and administrators. They will give you the latest information.
- Reach out to us if you have questions about your child’s learning.
Our approach to this situation continues to rely on the strength of our incredible community. We can’t thank you enough for your ongoing, extraordinary support, and understanding.
Addendum to the St. Michael's Preschool Handbook Health Policies
St. Michael’s Episcopal Preschool will be following the guidelines and recommendations set by the Louisiana Department of Public Health (LDH) and the Louisiana Department of Education’s Start Strong Program. These policies are subject to change based on future recommendations and guidance. Please read these carefully and follow the guidelines so we will be able to have a successful school year.
All students will be screened upon arrival at school for temperature and symptoms. Children that display the following will be sent home:
- Fever of 100.4 and above
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Unable to participate in activities during school hours
As per our health policy in the handbook, parents must pick up their child within 30 minutes of a phone call. The child will be separated from other children until the child is picked up.
Students and adults should stay home if they are sick, test positive for Covid-19, or been in direct contact with someone who tests positive for Covid-19. Parents should notify the Head of School immediately if their child is assumed positive or positive for Covid-19. St. Michael’s Preschool is required to report an incident to the Office of Public Health. We will follow the guidance of the Department of Health at that time. A positive case of Covid-19 does not necessarily mean a classroom or school closure.
Students that have tested positive for Covid-19 may return to school when:
- No fever for 72 hours without fever reducing medication
- Improvement in respiratory symptoms
- At least 10 days have passed since the positive Covid-19 test.
Please see the Louisiana Department of Health’s information on school isolation recommendations for different scenarios of exposure to Covid-19.